Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Monday, May 16, 2011

Will a Bunch of People Disappear On May 21, 2011?


Somewhere in the late 1970s, when I was a student at Colorado College, I saw a very cheaply done movie called "A Thief In the Night." The story was about The Rapture. The movie was shown at college campuses all over the USA, and many young people joined The Jesus Movement after seeing the film. ( I remember one friend in particular, named Jeff Wolf, who told me the movie scared him so much that he went forward at an alter call after seeing the movie.)

Anyway, one night, somewhere in about 1982, my husband, Dan, and I went to bed very early. I woke up around 12:30 AM and Dan was GONE!

I panicked. I really believed The Rapture had occured! I began looking under the bed, under the covers, and even inside drawers and closets for Dan's clothes or some sign of Dan.

I finally got on the phone and called Dan's brother. He came over to our apartment in the middle of the night. He looked for Dan outside behind bushes. Our car was still parked in front of our small apartment. Dan's brother looked inside and under the car. NO DAN.

Alll of a sudden, Dan walked up to our apartment and wondered why his brother was looking behind trees in front of our apartment in the middle of the night! Dan explained to me that he couldn't sleep and had gone for a walk to buy a magazine.

I told Dan I had truly believed he had been raptured. We've laughed and laughed about thiis for many years!

It such a funny story, but when I hear about people predicting that the world will end this coming Saturday, May 21, 2011, I think about that night!

1 comment: