Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, May 7, 2011

How good and how pleasant it is for family and freinds to gather together in unity!

Last night, the service at Temple Beit Torah was run by the religious school. Teenage kids really ran the entire service and the younger kids brought the food. What also made the service special was that my dad came and so did my friend Hellene, and her dad. My whole family and close friends wer together and the temple was full of families. The atmosphere felt like a celebration!

As I reflect on last night, I realized how much of a blessing it was to be with so many Jewish families and feel a part of the Jewish community not only in Colorado Springs, but in general. A joy was present because everyone present took pleasure in knowing they could worship God as a Jew in a very comfortable place and in a very comfortable way.

The service was really fun! I thought about the song Hine Ma Tov. I have always like both the English and Hebrew words.

The lyrics, in Hebrew, read: .הִנֵּה מַה טוֹב וּמַה נָּעִים שֶׁבֶת אָחִים גַּם יַחַד

In Romanized Hebrew:

Hine(y) ma tov u’ma-nayim

Shevet akh-im gam ya-chad

Or in Romanized Biblical Hebrew:

Hine mah Tov umah naʿiym

sheveth aḥ-iym gam ya-ḥadh

Translated, the hymn means, "How good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in unity."



No comments:

Post a Comment