Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Monday, May 16, 2011

Has God Given Up On Me?

Someone told me that eventually God gives up when we keep ignoring Him. I am wondering now if God has given up on me? I don't feel God's presence lately. When I pray it seems like I'm being ignored.

Is this feeling coming because I don't want to go to church? Is not having any "fellowship" giving me this feeling that God is not with me? I just don't get it. Can't I seek God on my own without doing it the way everyone else does?

I'm really down. For those who read this blog, keep me in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't think church attendance is the issue. As for having to seek God "the way everyone else does"... it's really only God who has the right to tell us how to approach Him. It is God you should want to please, not man. I believe He is pleased when we seek Him sincerely, with all our hearts. There are many beautiful styles of worship, but God has provided only one Redeemer.

    Sometimes God is just quiet. Is our faith dependent on feelings, or will we wait and trust?

    On the other hand, sin can interfere with our relationship with God, and we can end up shuttng God out, yet feeling as if He has abandoned us. For example if there are other things that are more important to us than God is, then we have sinned by making "gods" out of them. Humanity has made "gods", or idols, out of all kinds of things, even things that are not inately bad. Some popular ones: money (greed), food (gluttony), traditions, preconceived ideas and prejudices, our own intellect, and people's approval. The solution then, of course, would be to repent and: "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..." -James 4:8

    ReplyDelete