Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, April 23, 2011

"God’s touched executives and called upon nerds..."


I've been thinking lately about why God has put me through so many paths and adventures.

I did definitely feel at one time that God called me, like Moses, to do a certain task. I've talked about that task in this blog - the task was telling a well-known religious organization that they'd done some wrong things that needed to be dealt with. When that task and cause ended, I felt completely lost.

That's when my spiritual search began. The task before me at that point was to seek God as Jew.

Now, just in the past few months, I've decided that Jesus is the Messiah, but...I've thought about this all week long...I don't want to label myself as a "Christian." I believe, but I'm a Jew who believes...I am NOT a Christian.

I will continue to seek God as a Jew, but I will also follow the Jewish messiah.

God has touched me....yes...and He has touched many other people. He calls executives to him and He touches nerds...and He has touched me too. I don't know... yet... what God wants of me to do now, but whatever it is, I'm trying...

Sally Klein O'Connor's song (below) sums up some of my thoughts for today. Her husband, Michael, came up with the line, "God's touched executives and called upon nerds."

Improbable People For Impossible Tasks

Published by Dusty Records, BMI
Words: Michael O'Connor
Music: Sally Klein O’Connor

©Copyright 1990 Improbable People Ministries
It was a hot-and-bush-was-burning day
When God said "Moses, look my way
You got to travel home and tell Pharaoh
Let my people go–Oh no!
Let my people go"

Well Moses looked at the Lord and his burning brows
And he should've known the big guy meant business now
Instead he said "My tongue is dull and slow
And man I'm really old–Oh no!
God I'm truly old

Moses don't you know that you're a cosmic bore
What you listing all your limitations for
I made your mouth, I made your tongue
And I know you're far from young

I want improbable people for impossible tasks
Don't assume I haven't gathered all the facts
Just trust that I'll help you through all that I ask
Improbable people for impossible tasks


She was a couple of years shy of the century mark
And Sarah'd never ever even seen a stork
When God said to her "Because I'm King
Israel will spring–I'm King!
Israel will spring"

Now Sarah looked at the Lord as though he were daft
"Me changing diapers--that’s crazy, " she laughed
"My body's barren, my wrinkles won't quit
And Abe would have a fit–that's it!
Abe would have a fit!"

Sarah don't you know the power of your Lord
What you listing all your limitations for
I know your begetting days are through
And that's why I picked you

I want impropbable people for impossible tasks
Don’t assume I haven’t gathered all the facts
Just trust that I’ll help you through all that I ask
Improbable people for impossible tasks


There’s no one so humble who can’t hear His words
God’s touched executives and called upon nerds
He uses the blind and comes out of the blue
So don’t be surprised if someday he calls on you

He wants improbable people for impossible tasks
Don’t assume he hasn’t gathered all the facts
Just trust that he’ll help you through all that he asks
Improbable people for impossible tasks


No comments:

Post a Comment