Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7, 2011 - Dan and Jo Ann Celebrate 32 Years of Marriage!


Today, April 7, 2011, Dan and I celebrate 32 years of marriage.

I've written up a short summary of our years together on my other blog Tragedy and Triumph, but here, on the the blog I devote to my spiritual search, I want to share a bit more about our years together.

Jews for Jesus indirectly helped me find Dan. You see, some people from Jews for Jesus introduced me to the Vineyard which was related to Calvary Chapel. Through the Vineyard, I found Calvary Chapel of Long Beach where I met Dan.

"My Dan" was a true child of the Jesus Movement you could say. He loved God with his whole heart, soul, and mind. He sang hymns to me every night and in the morning he was singing and praising God.

It seemed like together we wanted to share God's love. I remember one of the friends we had at the Atherton House said everything we did together was like "gold."

Dan and I have not talked in years about our time serving with Jews for Jesus or about our Calvary Chapel days, but the memory is there.

Just two weeks ago, I told Dan about my decision to believe that Jesus is Messiah. He did not understand, but on my request, took me to visit Rocky Mountain Calvary Chapel. Memories of what our marriage once was about (God) have resurfaced.

Please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment