Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rosh Hashanah Reflections 2011

Every year, my family goes to the mountains to celebrate Rosh Hashanah and then we go to a park in Colorado Springs to throw bread in the water with our friends. This year's celebration was even more special since my dad joined us!

Fifteen years ago was the first time we went to this service. This year, more than ever, I realized how much Jews are connected to one another. I knew so many of the people that attended, and saw people that I met 15 years ago!

At the Tashlich service at the park, I felt that connection again. Rabbi Glazer welcomed and hugged each person that attended as they arrived. People took the time to say hello and wish one another a happy new year. My kids love this part of Rosh Hashanah!

I also remembered the first Rosh Hashanah Dan and I spent in Colorado Springs. We went to an evening service at Temple Shalom. I remember looking around and wondering if Dan and I would fit into the Jewish community in Colorado Springs. It's obvious, after living here for 20 years, that we do!

This morning, I did some thinking about what brings Jewish people together for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. It's the sense of being family. That's IT! Being able to think about G-d and rejoice on Rosh Hashanah connects Jews all over the world. Today, being outside and with family made my connection to G-d so very special.































No comments:

Post a Comment