Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Friday, August 5, 2011

From one point of view, I'm a hopeless case

I met with Lynn this afternoon via Skype. She was very direct with me. She kept saying, "What am I going to do with you, Jo Ann? I just don't know what to do with you."

She told me that she knows that I wrote on this blog that I am NOT a "believer." She stated that I've made it public that I've rejected Jesus.

It's hard to know what to "do with me."

I told her that for some reason, I want to keep the "door" slightly open, but I just don't want to be a Christian.

The thing is, Jews for Jesus is about telling Jews that Jesus is the messiah, showing them the "way" and then making sure they are "grounded" in a church.

I don't want to go that route, but...

I believe in God with my whole heart and mind. I just want to seek God as a Jew. I am a hopeless case it seems from a certain point of view...

Thinking about all of this is very uncomfortable.

Well...it's almost time for Shabbat. Tonight I will attend Temple Beit Torah with my family and seek God. I will ask God to continue to guide me and help me figure out what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment