Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Proverbs 3: 5--6 - My thoughts

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Last night, I "went" to the weekly online discussion group that is associated with Lynn's church, McClean Bible Church. During the discussion, the leader, Cindy, kept posting the above lines from Proverbs over and over.

Rather than commenting on more of John 1 today, I will "take a break" today and comment on those verses.

I love those words. That's really all I need to say...I want to do that. I've wanted to do so for a very long time and wonder why I can't do what the verses recommend from a Jewish point of view.

My studies with Partners in Torah have taught me that those who followed God faithfully went on the right path.

I have noticed that from the orthodox Jewish point of view, it takes work and diligence to work towards doing what the Proverts verses ask; I also think Christians would use those verses as reminders of God's faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment