Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Now and Forever!



I have been thinking, I am connected to a certain group of people "now and forever" like the lyrics in the song "Now and Forever" sung by Carole King in the movie A League of Their Own.   (I just LOVE anything Carole King since her songs tell real life stories!) Those of us involved in this group experienced something together that can't be explained to most people who were not involved in that religious group.  

As the years have passed, I've realized that the group I was involved in, at least at the time, was very much like a religious cult in how it functioned.  

Later, when I led cause to fight the wrong things this group had done to me and others, again I was linked to those involved.  (By the way...I did not win the cause, but did leave a "mark" and was even mentioned by my full name as trying unsuccessfully to fight in a well-known religious magazine when the cult-like founder of the group passed away!)

There is nothing wrong with caring about those I knew from the cult-like group and there is nothing wrong in being still linked to certain people who I consider almost like family who fought with me or who were there for me NOW AND FOREVER!

Further Reading:






No comments:

Post a Comment