Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The Organization Is Doing Major Lay-Offs!



Rumors are circulating and I tried to get the facts right from the management (See below):

The Jews for Jesus is organization has multiple people “retiring” or “moving on” as of January 1, 2020.  I have heard that those affected were given only about two weeks notice.

I shouldn’t be upset about this, but I am.  Hearing about lay-offs always bothers me, but some of the people who are all of a sudden “retiring” have worked for the organization for over 30 or 40 years!  

I wrote the organization’s director and asked for the facts, but I was just told to not pay attention to rumors.

I do know that employers make changes and just wish that I had been told the reasons these changes are being made.  All the people that have been laid off I hear are over 50 years old.  Maybe the beginning of 2020 is a good time to retire?

(Added Note:  I do not believe there is one way to G-d, but I once worked for that organization and was told in 1989 that it was time for me to “move on.”  That was a good thing, but at the time it was devastating.)



No comments:

Post a Comment