Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, January 11, 2020

A Short Review of Netflix's Messiah



A friend posted on Facebook that he had watched the entire Netflix series Messiah and that intrigued me, so I decided just a few days ago to watch it.  I ended up watching one episode the first night and six episodes the next day (binge watching)!!!

The series, in my opinion, is very good.  It's just a story and a television show, but it shows what it might be like today if a messiah, or person with messiah-like qualities, came to earth.  I got a kick out of the cell phones taking photos of this messiah walking on water in front of the Lincoln Memorial!  I also thought it was quite amusing to watch a caravan of cars following this messiah across the USA from a small town in Texas to Washington D.C. 

The character is very "Jesus-like" looking.  He has long hair and a neatly cut beard and talks in a very sweet tone.  Most of the time he's wearing jeans and a hoodie.  I own a Miguel hoodie from the Disney movie Coco.  I wonder if now I should get a "Messiah Hoodie?"

I still have three episodes to watch and have joined a Netflix Messiah group on Facebook.  Everyone in the group thinks it is the best show ever.  I know my evangelical friends will say the opposite, but I don't care.  It's a fun show and I highly recommend watching it.


No comments:

Post a Comment