Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, September 22, 2018

I Attended a Joe Uveges Concert! 9-21-18


About three years ago, I fell off my bike and hurt my back. I was in tremendous pain, so I had multiple appointments at the physical therapist. The pain was so great, that regular medical massages were suggested.

It turned out that the person that did those medical massages was Joe Uveges.

During those massages we would talk.

I told Joe about my skating life and how much I enjoyed doing things outdoors like skiing, biking, hiking, and scootering. 

We talked about our families.  Joe must have mentioned he was a musician, but didn't tell me much more.

Then, at one of the medical massage appointments, I asked Joe about his music.  That is when I learned he was a composer and was a man of many talents who played both the piano and guitar and other instruments and that he traveled all over giving concerts.

And....eventually we became Facebook friends.

It was on Facebook one day that I learned that Joe's son Andrew had passed away.

I didn't know the circumstances, but I sent a card to the physical therapist's office and asked that they forward my sympathy card to Joe.  Later, I learned later that Joe's son was only 15 years old and that Andrew was adopted and had committed suicide.

I was surprised to find out that only a few weeks after his son's death, that Joe was back at work giving medical massages. The pain I was experiencing was not as great as before, but I still needed the massages.

At the first medical massage after Joe's son's death, I was glad to be able to give Joe a hug when we happened to meet in front of the office just as Joe drove up and as I rode my Razor Lux scooter up to the office parking lot.

 Joe was grateful for the sympathy card I sent, but I didn't want to say anything that would cause Joe more pain, so we didn't discuss his son's tragic death at future appointments. Eventually, I got better and I think Joe may have stopped giving medical massages.

I've always wanted to go to one of Joe's concerts, but I always seem to be away from Colorado when Joe sings locally; however, this last Friday night, 9-21-18, my husband, Dan, and I got to go to a concert Joe gave to help support One Simple Voice, a religious organization that holds retreats to help and encourage people. That organization has helped Joe get through losing his son.

At the concert, we were among people who all believe in different ways. Joe shared many different songs; some were about his belief in God and how he listens and hears God's voice, but others were just fun or beautiful.

I approached Joe during the intermission and he told me how much it meant to him that I had come to hear him share. He said he was grateful for each person that came.

Anyway, I feel honored to know Joe Uveges and I am so glad that he has found some peace since his son's tragic death.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment