Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Tears for the Jewish Community in Pittsburgh and Everywhere



In 2011, my daughter Rebekah celebrated a wonderful Bat Mitzvah when she was a bit older than most, at age 15. It was such a happy event.

We didn't hire a security guard as the current President of the United States says the Tree of Life Congregation in Pittsburgh should have. The very idea that he is blaming the people inside for not having more security before this horrible shooting makes me so mad! Does every church in the USA have a security guard? Of course not!

My father tells me about the anti-semitism he experienced as a child, but I have always tried to believe that things have changed, but they have not. I am glad we were safe on June 17, 2011. I am glad we were safe for my daughter Annabelle's Bat Mitzvah in 2014 and for my son Joel's that took place earlier in NYC.

I have cried so many tears for the Jewish community in Pittsburgh. What happened seems unreal.




No comments:

Post a Comment