Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Remember Me

I saw the movie Coco last week.  The theme of the movie is "Remember Me" which reminds me of the wonderful Jewish tradition of remembering those who have passed away.  By remembering our loved ones in our memories and our hearts, they stay alive!

For example, I never knew my grandfather Joseph Kadison, but my mother shared his photo with me since I was a child, so he is remembered.  Then, I was able to go to the gravesite of my great-grandfather Adolph Regenstreich, so his memory has been kept alive too.  More recently, a relative on my mother's side found a photo of my great-grandfather, Menachem Kadashon, so he is remembered too.

Of course, I think about my grandma Fannie all the time and my mother Edith Kadison Schneider who died in January 2011.  I was so close to both of them.  My memories and the memories of others in the family have kept them alive. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment