Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Why Has My Sister Shut Me Out?



I just saw the stage musical version of FROZEN.  Afterwards, I watched the DVD.  I seem to know the story and the songs by heart since I've seen the Disney On Ice version 15 times since my son Joel is in the cast of that show.  He's done over 1300 performances!

The theme of the story is the closeness of sisters and love.

Everytime I see Elsa and Anna's closeness and how it ends for a time when Elsa shuts the door and shuts Anna out of her life, I cry a bit inside.  You see, my sister has done the same thing and I don't know why.

When I go to her house, she closes the door and tells me to go away just like Elsa told Anna.  When I invite her to do fun things, she always says no.  I recently tried to take a walk with her home when I visited southern California, and she told me she'd rather be alone and asked me to go away.

It is not just me; she does the same thing to my dad.  Once in awhile, for about 20 to 30 minutes, she does open herself a bit to us, but most of the time we are shut out in the same way Elsa shut out Anna. When she does see us, she seems so troubled and unhappy and she rarely smiles.  When I share happy things and thoughts with her, that seems to make her hostile or angry.

Just like Anna, I wish I knew why my sister has shut me out, but I do know she loves me.  She tells me that.

In FROZEN, something was wrong and Elsa had to hide herself away to keep the secret of her powers from those she loved.  I wonder if my sister has something going on inside that is causing her to shut out those she loves?




No comments:

Post a Comment