Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Monday, September 4, 2017

I've Been Unfriended



Being "unfriended" always hurts a bit.  It reminds me of when I used to lose a skating student.  I always moved on, but there was an ache that stayed inside of me for a long time (sometimes years).

Yesterday, I found out I was unfriended by a person and her husband and some of her friends on Facebook.

What hurt more this time is that I considered this person a good friend.  She hardly uses Facebook, so I didn't think she would notice that I've been open lately about my ways of thinking and believing.   She or her friends must have been bothered by my thoughts, and that is probably the reason this particular person unfriended me.  She spent a lot of time with me and she told me once that she would never give up on me, but I think she has.

I know it is "only Facebook," but still, I am so sad.  Losing a special friend over "religion and/or politics" hurts a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment