Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What I Believe (12-7-2011)

I spent yesterday and today thinking about what I believe. Here's what I've come up with:

I believe in G-d. When I look at how complex life is, I know it was created by something or someone.

I believe that what is written in the Torah, the Tanach, and the Midrash could possibly have happened. (I also LOVE reading the Midrash even though I've been told that the stories have been changed and distorted.)

I believe that Jesus may have lived and died.

I believe that Jesus may have risen from the dead (since so many people believe he did and also because I believe in miracles).


However....

I believe that there is more than one way to God.

I also am not sure I agree that one can mix being Jewish with believing in Jesus even though some people I know say that you can.

My search for how to follow God continues, and my love of Judaism continues to grow. I have such a desire to learn all I can about G-d.

No comments:

Post a Comment