Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's All Good - God Made It and It's All Good!

Last night, a Jewish musical group called Sababa sang at Temple Beit Torah. They led the congregation and added to the regular order of the Shabbat service. It really made a difference to have music that was upbeat. It put everyone in a great mood!

The service ended with a song called "It's All Good." Here's the lyrics:

It's All Good

Text: Psalm 136:1, Gen. 1:31


Chorus:
It’s all good, it’s all good
God made it and it’s all good


We thank you, God, for the gifts you bring
For the food we eat, for the songs we sing
We thank you, God, for the earth & sky
For our family’s love as the days go by

Chorus:
We thank you God, for the night and day
For the gift of Torah that shows us the way
We thank you, God, for our Sabbath rest
For You are One, and we are blessed!


Chorus:
Hodu L’adonai, L’adonai ki tov
V’yahr Elohim et kol asher asah
V’hiney tov m’od


Give thanks to God, for God is good!
God saw everything that She had created and it was good.




As I was at the service last night, I knew that I was where I belong. I am part of the Jewish community and I'm glad my family could be there and celebrate God together.

I learned that the word "sababa" means "cool" or "great" or "groovy." I think that summed up what we experience last night!


No comments:

Post a Comment