Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Friend Request - did I actually click "Ignore?"

In an earlier blog post, I said that I thought I may have responded to this "friend request," but I did not want to display or announce this "friend" on my "wall."

















For the past couple of days, I've been thinking about this, since, I was told yesterday, that to believe a person can not be ashamed of Him or pretend not to know Him.

I can't "do this." I can tell a few trusted people about what is going on inside me spiritually, but I can't tell my family or those around me. I act like nothing new has happened. In fact, I make it clear to them that I like being Jewish and seeking God as a Jew.

So...it looks like I don't believe after all. It's confusing, since, for a time, I really thought I did believe.

I am back to where I started a year ago when I contacted Lynn Wein McCoy. I am a Jew who very much believes in God. And...if Jesus is the messiah, I want to believe that.

The problem is this: I don't want to be a Christian and/or do the things that Christians are expected to do. I don't want to go to a church. I want to go to and be part of a Jewish temple. I want to be part of the Jewish community in my city. I want to "fellowship" with Jews.

I also still have a hard time believing that Jesus is the only way.

I'm sorry if I led anyone on. "This" is harder than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there JoAnn,
    Remember you don't have it as hard as the Islam faith. You get killed if you click "yes" in many countries. :) I love you and you will grow in your faith and some day will be more bold. Why now "IF Jesus is Messiah"? Jesus is Messiah and you already believe that. You are taking that step of faith to "WANT" to believe it. Go to Him when you are burdened and carry a heavy load. He will make it lighter for you during the process. From your faithful friend, M

    ReplyDelete