Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Shelley Looks Good! 8-15-17

I have been helping an elderly lady named Shelley every time I come to California. (Shelley lived with my father's brother, Bobby, for 48 years, and my uncle passed away in 2014.)

Yesterday, she put on a new wig and wore different clothes. She has been so depressed since my uncle's passing.

It made me so happy that she "dressed up for me" since this is the best she has looked in awhile. I took this picture of her since I told her she looked so good after I took her grocery shopping :)

I remember the Jewish musician Debbie Friedman once said "if you can save a life, you can save the world."  That thought has inspired me in the three years I've been helping Shelley.  I don't believe she would have survived without the help me and my dad and others have given her....



No comments:

Post a Comment