Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Monday, August 21, 2017

Reunion With Diann Parkas - August 20, 2017

Reunion with Diann Parkas...the last time we saw one another was 1996! Our kids were all little then and my daughter Annabelle was not even born yet. Rebekah and Diann's daughter Simone were new babies, and now the girls are 21 years old. The Parkas family was driving across country and we hosted them in Colorado. I remember going roller skating with them and eating pizza together at Poor Richards.

Diann's husband Peter has recently passed away. It was good to see and hug Diann in person.

It was wonderful to learn about her four children Ariel (28 - August 20 was Ariel's birthday), Levi (26), Josiah (23), and Simone (21). I learned all about her talented kids. One of her girls is a talented artist and her 23 year old is in the Air Force and owns two houses!  I think she said that Levi is a talented musician...

I learned also that Peter earned a PHD before he died of Leukemia.

Diann and I were together during the 1989 San Franciso Earthquake and I remember her grabbing Ariel out of the playpen as the two of us tried to figure out what just happened. I was helping Diann unpack right after Peter and Diann moved to San Francisco. That night she was about to have dinner with Jessie Test and I think they cancelled getting together.

Also, I called Diann one day when I was sad about losing my job with JFJ and she made me feel better.  I think she encouraged me to move forward and that is what I did.

It is funny to think how many years have passed, but we are still connected....





No comments:

Post a Comment