Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Though None Go With Me....No Turning Back

I watched a movie last night called "Though None Go With Me." It is the story of a woman who made a commitment to G-d, but then, afterwards, faced terrible sadness and trials in life. Throughout her life, even though she doubted G-d at times, she continued to trust and believed. At the end of the movie, she was honored by her community for over 50 years of doing good things. People came forward who she had touched.

I found the movie because I was intrigued with the song, "I've Decided to Follow Jesus." I read a bit about the history of the song, and stumbled on the movie.

Right now, today...1-19-2013, I'm trying to decide if I should do what I've been fighting for so long. Should I take the "plunge?" I know this time around there can be "no turning back" and "none may go with me" in my family.

At this time, I am going through a hard time personally and professionally and need major prayer. What I am going through is very, very serious. It seems like in times like this, I turn to G-d, but then I always walk away and go back to what I was doing before.

I feel like Jimmy Stewart in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life." I asked my FB friends for prayers. It's overwhelming to see how many people care! I still need those prayers and thoughts, and will especially need them on Tuesday morning 1-22-2013 Mountain time at 9:00 am. I also realized that I've done many good things in my life, but also have done bad things. I don't want to do those bad things ever again. Yes, this time, I have to make the commitment not to "go back."

No comments:

Post a Comment