Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Long Live God!

Yesterday when I was driving through beautiful Colorado, I listened to music from the musical Godspell. The last song, ends with the resurrection and the chorus keeps singing, "Long live God..Long live God..." I found myself singing along. All of a sudden, I knew. Jesus Is God! I believe. Now, I just must make that commitment and follow through.

It is strange in some way for me to realize that a month ago, I wondered if there was a God at all, but certain events in my life have convinced me there is.  I have been "humbled in a big way."  I'm not going to write about what happened, but I truly believe G-d taught me a lesson and that lesson not only showed me He exists, but also taught me about forgiveness.

In some ways, I am like the Prodigal Son, returning to his father, but I'm not sure that totally describes my journey.  I know there is more humbling to come before I make that final commitment.  I have to spend more time in the "pig pen," and "eat with the swine," and be miserable at bit longer, but will leave soon...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment