Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm Home! (Well, I think the journey is over...)


When I was a kid, I remember being part of a school play called The Bluebird of Happiness. It was about two children who searched and searched all over the world trying to find the Bluebird of Happiness. They went everywhere. Finally, they gave up and returned home. When they arrived home, the bluebird was in their own house all the time! What they had looked for was right at their door.

Tonight and last night, I attended Yom Kippur services. At the end of tonight's service, something told me that I was HOME. I don't need to search any further.

I realized that my search for answers and truth have been with me all along. Judaism is a part of me. My love and interest in God began as a child when my parents enrolled me in religious school at a reformed Jewish temple. I truly was excited about G-d then and I'm excited about G-d now!

I do not need to leave Judaism to find or relate to God. I know God is watching over me and my family. I do know now that what I've looked for is right at my door!

No comments:

Post a Comment