Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, March 11, 2023

On My Father’s Wings!

This song “On My Father’s Wings” from Quest For Camelot summarizes what my wonderful Daddy did for me.










… If you were with me nowI'd find myself in youIf you were with me nowYour the only one who knewAll the things we planned to do
… I want to live my lifeThe way you said I wouldWith courage as my lightFighting for what's rightLike you made me believe I could
… And I will fly on my father's wingsTo places I have never beenThere is so much I've never seenAnd I can feel his heartbeat stillAnd I will do great thingsOn my father's wings
… This world I'll never seeMy dreams that just won't beThis horse's strideWith one days rideWill have covered moreDistance than me
… But I will fly on my father's wingsTo places I have never beenThere is so much I've never seenAnd I can feel his heartbeat stillAnd I will do great thingsOn my father's wings
… Someday with his spirit to guide meAnd his memory beside meI will be free to
… Fly on my father's wingsTo places I have never beenThere is so much I've never seenAnd I can feel his heartbeat stillAnd I will do great thingsOn my father's wingsOn my father's wings
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Carole Bayer Sager / David W. Foster
On My Father’s Wings lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group





















No comments:

Post a Comment