Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Friday, July 12, 2019

I Am So, So Sad



During the past couple of months, I've been so, so sad.

Yes, someone I loved died recently and yes, someone I love lost a loved one.  My children have grown up, and I'm feeling a bit of the empty nest although they are still very much a part of my life.  My father is now 90 years old, and needs me more than ever.

I have reasons to be sad.  I have reasons to be overwhelmed.  I have reasons to cry.

But...

All these reasons above are not what have caused this continuing and overwhelming sadness.

My sadness comes because someone I care about so very much is angry at me some of the time and no matter what I do, our relationship is strained.  The pain is so great that the sadness never leaves my being.

I've tried to make things right, but things are not really better.

I do fun things that put a "band-aid" on the sadness, but that doesn't really matter since the sadness just won't go away which makes me sadder.

If anyone reads this, pray for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment