Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Sunday, December 30, 2018

My Review of the New Television Series "God Friended Me" - I Love It!


I stumbled on the pilot episode of "God Friended Me" last night and even though I fell asleep during part of the show (I always fall asleep in front of the TV), I just loved the show, so I tuned into Episode 2 on my Kindle Fire this morning and discovered I loved the show even more.

Here's a summary that I found online describing the show:

Miles Finer is an outspoken atheist whose life is turned upside down when he receives a friend request on social media from God and unwittingly becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. After repeated pokes by God, Miles' curiosity takes over, and he accepts the ultimate friend request and follows the signs to Cara Bloom, an online journalist. Brought together by the mysterious account, the two find themselves investigating God's friend suggestions and inadvertently helping others in need. Miles is set on getting to the bottom of what he believes is an elaborate hoax, but in the meantime, he'll play along and -- in the process -- change his life forever.

There is something very true about Miles' experiences in real life.  Social media is huge, but if used correctly, has this way of touching people.  Lives can be changed through the actions of others both online and in person. 

The people "God" suggests for Miles to meet need him. 

It is fun to see this in a modern television series since most of the TV series of today just don't hold my interest. 

It's funny, but I believe I live my life sort of like the story's main character!  I've committed myself to bringing happiness into the lives I touch wherever I go and in whatever I do online or in person.

I am very certain that "God Friended Me" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment