Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Monday, October 30, 2017

Remembering Esther Feingold Schneider and Tom Schneider

Today, 10-30-17, my father and I went to find the grave of my great-granadmother, Esther Feingold Schneider.  We knew it was in the same cemetary of my father's Uncle Tom Schneider, the Beth Olam Cemetary at Hollywood Forever in West Hollywood, California.

It took awhile, but we found Esther and then we found Tom and his wife Henrietta and Tom's son Milt "Mitzy" Schneider who died when he was young after being thrown from a horse.

Below are some photos to help remember them.  It was very emotional to think that I'm descended from someone who was born in 1872 and to get "to meet her" today.  My Great-Uncle Tom Schneider was the oldest of her eight children.

My father tells me that his grandma was the sweetest grandma ever who had presents wrapped in advance for he grandchildren!



Esther Feingold Schneider



My Great-Grandmother Esther and My Grandpa Max Schneider in front of his jewelry store in downdown Long Beach on Pine Avenue sometime sin the 1950s




My Grandpa Max and His Brother Tom Schneider inside Grandpa's jewelry store - I'm guessing the mid-1960s
Uncle Tom and My Brother Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment