Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Horse and Rider Song

This week's Parsha about the Egyptians being thrown in the Red Sea and the Israelites safely getting across made me remember this wonderful song!  The words of the song are almost exactly like in the Torah. ( It is sung to the tune of Tzena, Tzena, Tzena.)

I remember sitting on the floor at Passover at the Atherton House commune (the house my husband and I lived in the late 1970s early 80s), singing this song on the floor with friends!  These kids in this video remind me of how happy a song it is and what it must have been like for the Hebrews when they realized they had truly been freed!

 

I will sing unto the LORD, 
for he has triumphed gloriously, 
the horse and rider thrown into the sea. 

The LORD, my God, my strength and song, 
has now become my victory. 

The LORD is God, and I will praise him, 
Our fathers' God and I will exalt him.








No comments:

Post a Comment