Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Shunning

verb (used with object)shunned, shunning.
1.
to keep away from (a place, person, object, etc.), from motives ofdislike, caution, etc.; take pains to avoid.



Recently I watched part of a movie on Netflix that talked about shunning in the Amish community.  

It got me thinking about certain people from my past who I feel might avoid contact with me.  It also makes me think how my entire family was shunned from The Colorado Springs Conservatory.  No matter how much I try to forget and move on, there is a bit of an "ache" there just knowing we are not welcome in the lives of certain people who we once considered close friends and almost family.

The thing is, we don't have much in common anymore...just memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment