Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Circle Chant

I love ta song called "Circle Chant" from the Celebrate Passover CD.

Circle Chant

Music and Lyrics by Linda Hirschhorn

Circle round for freedom,
Circle round for peace.
For all of us imprisoned,
Circle for release.
Circle for the planet,
Circle for each soul.
For the children of our children,
Keep the circle whole.

It's a Passover song. The song shares the message of passing traditions on. I've been listening to the song every day for a week!

I think this is what the message of Judaism is. It is about the "Circle of Life." At Passover, I think about how it is so important for me to continue to pass some traditions on to my children. Hopefully, when they grow up and have their own families, that they will remember the Passovers they celebrated when they were young.

Also, it is mind boggling to think of how many years Passover has been celebrated by the Jewish people. The idea that it's been celebrated since the time of Moses "blows my mind!"

The 2nd half of the video below shows a Jewish choir singing the song:

No comments:

Post a Comment