Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts 2011


I have always enjoyed Thanksgiving because I really do have many things to be thankful for.

I have a loving family, three beautiful children, we own our home, and we live a debt-free life. Although I'm not rich, I have a job and so does my husband and I've been blessed with so many things.

I also have wonderful memories.

My life has been touched by so much sadness too.

Two years ago, just before Thanksgiving, a dear skating friend, who was only fourteen years old, died tragically in a skiing accident. Just before Thanksgiving of this year, I heard that someone that was dear to some of the people I know, lost her battle with ALS and died on Thanksgiving eve. She was only 54 years old. She leaves behind a young daughter and loving husband.

My mother died earlier this year. My best friend's father-in-law died in August. Three years ago, one of my closest friends in the world's twenty-five year old daughter was murdered.

I believe in miracles since my husband, who was close to death, lived after an accident five and a half years ago. My family's story came out with a happy ending, but since then, so many people close to me have experienced sadness.

When I think about sad things, I ask G-d the following: "Why?"

I have read in The Family Midrash Says Shmuel 1 that Hashem puts sadness in our paths to bring us closer to Hashem. Yes, I do believe that is true.
Rainbows remind us of God's goodness and miracles - Photo Copyright © fay kelley photography 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment