Join the Jewish Bloggers Webring

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

L'Chi Lach - You Shall Be a Blessing

During my spiritual journey, I listened and listened to songs by a Jewish singer and songwriter named Debbie Friedman. Sadly, she passed away in on January 9, 2011 at the age of 59. The song L'Chi Lach is one of my favorite Debbie Friedman songs.

L'Chi Lach - Lyrics by Debbie Friedman (based on Genesis 12:1-2)

Lechi lach to a land that I will show you
Lech li-cha to a place you do not know
Lechi lach on your journey I will bless you
And you shall be a blessing, you shall be a blessing
You shall be a blessing lechi lach

Lechi lach and I shall make your name great
Lech li-cha and all shall praise your name
Lechi lach to the place that I will show you
Li-simchat chayim, li-simchat chayim
Li-simchat chayim lechi lach.
And you shall be a blessing, you shall be a blessing
You shall be a blessing lechi lach.


No comments:

Post a Comment